Tuesday 1 November 2011

A Date With The Manager

Once again just another quick update regarding the recent email correspondence between myself and Northampton Town FC.

Gareth Willsher who is head of media at NTFC has spoken to manager Gary Johnson on my behalf and Gary has agreed to a informal chat over coffee with 3 or 4 fans and myself. This is a chance to help improve relations between GJ and fans and it is a worthwhile exercise. From my point of view, the more communication between club and fans and the more feeling of 'all in it together' can only be a good thing.

Gareth Willsher has asked me to contact 3 or 4 fans who would be appropriate for such a meeting. This is a chance to have an open and frank discussion with the manager of our football club, it isn't a chance to abuse him as that isn't going to achieve anything. Hopefully fans will gain something of an insight into Gary Johnson and an understand of how his mind works and how much he wants NTFC to succeed. Also Gary Johnson should realise from the open and frank discussions that there is no witch hunt and that we all want him to succeed, the only reason his decisions and tenure has been questioned so much is due to the will for the club to be successful.
I have a few people in mind who would be suitable to ask but am willing to consider anyone who would be interested in getting involved. There are no dates set yet, that is something to confirm once attendees are confirmed.
If you want to be involved then either contact me on Twitter - @TheEdgeyMole or e-mail me on kettcobb@hotmail.co.uk.

I must finish by congratulating firstly Gareth for being so open and honest and for arranging this with Gary. Also GJ deserves some plaudits for this as he could easily have run a mile, especially after I and many others called for his head at some point.

I really hope this helps the club in some way as we are all so desperate for NTFC to be successful.

Any thoughts or comments welcomed as always.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment....